One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Of or denoting the area of a seashore which is covered at high tide and uncovered at low tide.
- ‘Turtles may hatch from a nest on land in the state of Queensland and scramble down to the sea across intertidal areas that are state managed and controlled.’
- ‘While submerged during high tide, an intertidal organism is likely to display a body temperature similar to that of the surrounding water.’
- ‘The coastal intertidal zone is the area between the low and high tide zones that is not quite oceanic and not quite terrestrial.’
- ‘Only tiny phytoplankton are found throughout the area, although intertidal zones in the south contain kelp beds.’
- ‘The intertidal zone is between the high-tide and low-tide lines.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.