One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Of or denoting the area of a seashore which is covered at high tide and uncovered at low tide.
- ‘Turtles may hatch from a nest on land in the state of Queensland and scramble down to the sea across intertidal areas that are state managed and controlled.’
- ‘The intertidal zone is between the high-tide and low-tide lines.’
- ‘While submerged during high tide, an intertidal organism is likely to display a body temperature similar to that of the surrounding water.’
- ‘The coastal intertidal zone is the area between the low and high tide zones that is not quite oceanic and not quite terrestrial.’
- ‘Only tiny phytoplankton are found throughout the area, although intertidal zones in the south contain kelp beds.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.