One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘There is, for some men, a whole way of being in the world that involves no self-consciousness at all, in which all their human interactions are unmediated except through the force of their interruptive personalities.’
- ‘Today people have much bigger choice of programmes and ways to avoid the interruptive ads.’
- ‘Our results suggest that the frequency, duration, and even the interpersonal coordination of interruptive behavior depend upon the social-relationship context within which it is used.’
- ‘Programme makers and advertisers reached millions of people simultaneously with their messages, and marketers created power brands through interruptive advertising.’
- ‘And you know, of course, that was terribly interruptive.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.