One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Situated between the first and third quartiles of a distribution.
- ‘The lower and upper whiskers extend to the most extreme data point within 1.5 times the interquartile range of the first and third quartiles, respectively.’
- ‘We used means, standard deviations, and interquartile ranges to summarize daily pollution and meteorology data.’
- ‘We have expressed summary statistics on bacterial counts as means with 95% confidence intervals, medians, and interquartile ranges.’
- ‘We calculated means (standard deviations) or medians (ranges or interquartile ranges) as appropriate.’
- ‘The interquartile range, which spans the first to the third quartile, indicates the uniformity of the leaving-home experience among all young people.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.