One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Existing or carried on between provinces of the same country.
- ‘According to real estate appraisers and real estate sales professionals, the interprovincial difference between the value of a single-family residence may be negligible for those priced under $75,000.’
- ‘A council could help sort out interprovincial differences and allow provincial input into areas of federal jurisdiction, like trade, in which the provinces have a significant interest.’
- ‘Another observer, writing in the mid-nineteenth century, placed the decline at 8 percent a year, with an additional loss of 2.75 percent due to interprovincial sales southward.’
- ‘In contrast, interprovincial for-hire trucking is more prevalent in Ontario and the Prairie Provinces.’
- ‘Between 1868 and 1888 a number of sites had been suggested for a second interprovincial bridge.’
- ‘There's a feast of exciting interprovincial and international cricket to savour during the 2000-2001 cricket season which starts soon.’
- ‘The driving force is a 1994 federal, provincial and territorial agreement designed to break down interprovincial trade barriers.’
- ‘Administration would be based on existing interprovincial mechanisms, the report says.’
- ‘Until 1972, the interprovincial difference was negligible.’
- ‘Prior to this, we had six game competitions, the interprovincial championship and the European Cup, and there was little room for that to happen.’
- ‘Really, this was one area that was long overdue and kept Ontario students from keeping on par with their interprovincial counterparts.’
- ‘The Code does not apply to federal government workers in federally regulated industries such as banking, telecommunications and interprovincial transportation; they are covered by federal safety codes.’
- ‘Champions Eastern Province set the ball rolling with an absorbing encounter against Northerns in the A section of the men's interprovincial hockey tournament on Monday.’
- ‘The case for Ontario assuming jurisdiction would be stronger if this were an interprovincial case; however, its international nature by no means prohibits Ontario from assuming jurisdiction.’
- ‘This section outlines some of the interprovincial meetings and activities that involved our ministry.’
- ‘The percentages have jumped this season, and if they reached the current level a year ago we might well have made the semi-finals of the European Cup and perhaps won the interprovincial championship as well.’
- ‘There was a growing flow of passengers too, for most interprovincial travel was still done by sea.’
- ‘How would this impact on the interprovincial relations, given that private property is provincial jurisdiction.’
- ‘Thus, a framework now exists for the full mobility and interprovincial recognition of psychologists.’
- ‘Exceptions as noted in the interprovincial, import and export sections may prevail over this requirement.’
1A sports tournament between different provinces of the same country.
- ‘Following excellent performances at the Leinster championships, Carlow LTC junior squash players - numbering 17 will represent Leinster at the interprovincials in Galway on the last weekend of March.’
- ‘Dungarvan Rugby Club's Ground at Ballyrandle looked in splendid shape last Saturday afternoon for the clash of Munster and Ulster in their interprovincial at Junior level.’
- ‘They argue that the interprovincials are nothing more than an expensive waste of time which do nothing to improve overall standards within the game.’
- ‘At the start of last year's Spar hockey interprovincial, Tsoanelo Pholo had just made the national side.’
- ‘Bennett joins fellow Old Selbornian Reece Basson next week for the interprovincials in Pietermaritzburg.’
- ‘Border play their first official interprovincial of the summer when they take on Eastern Province in the Mercedes-Benz Challenge, a limited-overs game, next Saturday at Buffalo Park.’
- ‘This will be a special day for the club with the junior interprovincial between Connacht and Leinster being held in Cloondeash.’
- ‘Carlow squash will be very strongly represented at the Junior interprovincials in Galway this weekend with 20 players from the club selected.’
- ‘The event is the only major warm-up tournament for the women's team before October's national interprovincials in Napier.’
- ‘Next month an U17 Border team comprising players from all segments of the community will head for Pretoria for the SA Championships and interprovincials.’
- ‘The Hogan Cup was first played for in '46 but was not competed for between '49 and '56 when the colleges opted to play interprovincials instead.’
- ‘The Ussasa U18B interprovincial will also be staged in Vereeniging starting on Monday and ends on Thursday.’
- 1.1 A member of a team competing in an interprovincial tournament.
- ‘Certainly the introduction of junior interprovincial, back from injury, Bernard Behan early in the second half settled Cill Dara and the out-half caused some problems for the Portlaoise defence.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.