One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A person who interpolates something.
- ‘If the individual who marked the Tavola is the same as the interpolator, perhaps the other two were marked but the interpolation never completed.’
- ‘Thus, Murphy-O'Connor's inept interpolator could not have chosen a worse location to place the verses which asserted that women were to be silent in the church and subordinate to their husbands.’
- ‘The passages in italics below are likely to come from the anonymous interpolator.’
- ‘Even in the original poem from Guo Maoqian's anthology, Mulan's utterances, which account for about one third of the poem, are frequently interrupted by indirect speeches that suggest the presence of a male interpolator.’
- ‘As translator, interpolator, and author, Gascoigne not only channels the work of others but also adds his own unique contributions to Hunting.’
- 1.1 A device or apparatus that guides a tool through a smooth curve when provided with a set of points defining the curve.
- ‘These interpolators use a multi-bit value approach that permits adders to be used instead of multipliers.’
- ‘The techniques can be extended to the design of multistage decimators and/or interpolators.’
- ‘The buffer is assumed to be the correct dimensions for the interpolator.’
- ‘As such, the interpolators provide position feedback up to 4096 times the resolution of the encoders themselves.’
- ‘Interleaved memory function interpolators are then applied to the specific goal of an accurate logarithmic number system arithmetic unit.’
- ‘The purpose of the interpolators is to calculate intermediate values for a given number of frames between a start value and an end value.’
- ‘This method is used to ask the interpolator which is the best level to use to compress the passed data.’
- ‘The named phases are then input to a data interpolator in each receiver, which generates 16 local phases.’
- ‘A design is given for a quadratic interpolator needed by the Logarithmic Number System.’
- ‘When dealing with interpolators, we've provided an interesting extra capability: All interpolators are capable of acting as either a linear or step fashion.’
- ‘All interpolators have a stop method which is called when the interpolation is finished.’
- ‘The interpolators include a one-deep stack onto which pixel and texel information for the initial or entry block are pushed before rendering any other blocks within the span group.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.