One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A website or web page.‘several Internet sites posted the image’
- ‘The leaked version of the video was shared by thousands of fans across various internet sites.’
- ‘Computers can be infected with the software through fake internet sites and instant messenger programs.’
- ‘He scoured internet sites for information on blackjack and baccarat.’
- ‘What internet sites do you visit regularly?’
- ‘With the rise of DVRs and streaming Internet sites, viewers no longer feel compelled to watch a show during its initial broadcast.’
- ‘It gets tens of thousands of hits on its internet site each day, which it publishes in seven languages.’
- ‘The band's back catalogue has been uploaded to Internet site Spotify after fans hit the bandmates' one million streams target.’
- ‘Through an internet site, Charles and Emily arranged to swap houses for the holiday.’
- ‘A government agency has been granted the powers to block blacklisted Internet sites for extremism without a court ruling.’
- ‘Did you create this internet site or did you hire someone to do it for you?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.