One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A set of rules governing the format of data sent over the Internet or other network.
- ‘Nuera Communications is a typical niche company hoping to profit from broadband's move to Internet Protocol (IP) voice transport.’
- ‘The two-way Internet Protocol (IP) path established via DOCSIS becomes the fulcrum for new, packet-styled services.’
- ‘Everybody's been getting very excited about Voice over Internet Protocol this year.’
- ‘Secondly, eBay wants to cement Skype's premier position in the Voice over Internet Protocol market.’
- ‘The legislation would stimulate investment in, and encourage the rapid deployment of, Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) and other Advanced Internet Communcations Services.’
- ‘The law does not cover new technologies like Voice over Internet Protocol.’
- ‘Jajah just landed a deal to manage VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) calls for Yahoo!’
- ‘The ENM can provide communication networks based on the Army Data Distribution System Interface or Internet Protocol structures.’
- ‘Last week BT confirmed its intention to migrate its national phone network to an Internet Protocol (IP) platform.’
- ‘The NHSnet core infrastructure is currently not provisioned to transport Voice Over Internet Protocol (VOIP) traffic.’
- ‘The tablets can also be used to help students learn how to use technologies like Voice Over Internet Protocol.’
- ‘Both Internet traffic and streaming-video traffic are transported in Internet Protocol (IP) packets.’
- ‘With a simple microphone and headphones, using Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) technology, you can call anywhere in the world.’
- ‘They can use some of the inherent characteristics of the Internet Protocol itself.’
- ‘Internet telephony lets users make voice calls over any Internet connection, particularly broadband, using Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP).’
- ‘IPv6, the next version of the Internet Protocol.’
- ‘Broadcom has unveiled the first single-chip solution for voice-over - Internet Protocol (VoIP).’
- ‘DCHP is a communications protocol that lets network administrators manage centrally and automate the assignment of Internet Protocol (IP) addresses in an organization's network.’
- ‘Networking in turn has made the the Internet possible, founded upon the Transmission Control Protocol / Internet Protocol (TCP / IP).’
- ‘It derives session keys that permit Internet Protocol traffic to be encrypted.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.