One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A set of rules governing the format of data sent over the Internet or other network.
- ‘Last week BT confirmed its intention to migrate its national phone network to an Internet Protocol (IP) platform.’
- ‘Broadcom has unveiled the first single-chip solution for voice-over - Internet Protocol (VoIP).’
- ‘IPv6, the next version of the Internet Protocol.’
- ‘The law does not cover new technologies like Voice over Internet Protocol.’
- ‘The tablets can also be used to help students learn how to use technologies like Voice Over Internet Protocol.’
- ‘With a simple microphone and headphones, using Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) technology, you can call anywhere in the world.’
- ‘It derives session keys that permit Internet Protocol traffic to be encrypted.’
- ‘The NHSnet core infrastructure is currently not provisioned to transport Voice Over Internet Protocol (VOIP) traffic.’
- ‘Everybody's been getting very excited about Voice over Internet Protocol this year.’
- ‘The ENM can provide communication networks based on the Army Data Distribution System Interface or Internet Protocol structures.’
- ‘Secondly, eBay wants to cement Skype's premier position in the Voice over Internet Protocol market.’
- ‘Internet telephony lets users make voice calls over any Internet connection, particularly broadband, using Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP).’
- ‘Both Internet traffic and streaming-video traffic are transported in Internet Protocol (IP) packets.’
- ‘They can use some of the inherent characteristics of the Internet Protocol itself.’
- ‘Networking in turn has made the the Internet possible, founded upon the Transmission Control Protocol / Internet Protocol (TCP / IP).’
- ‘The two-way Internet Protocol (IP) path established via DOCSIS becomes the fulcrum for new, packet-styled services.’
- ‘Jajah just landed a deal to manage VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) calls for Yahoo!’
- ‘DCHP is a communications protocol that lets network administrators manage centrally and automate the assignment of Internet Protocol (IP) addresses in an organization's network.’
- ‘The legislation would stimulate investment in, and encourage the rapid deployment of, Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) and other Advanced Internet Communcations Services.’
- ‘Nuera Communications is a typical niche company hoping to profit from broadband's move to Internet Protocol (IP) voice transport.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.