Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A small computer designed especially to provide easy access to the Internet.
- ‘Retailers, meanwhile, remain dubious about Internet appliances.’
- ‘Making a good Internet appliance is harder than it looks.’
- ‘Audrey, named after Audrey Hepburn, is the first of a line of consumer Internet appliances from 3Com.’
- ‘Still, unless you use it with an Internet appliance, it's a tool mainly for multimedia experimenters.’
- ‘It will also work on a variety of electronic devices, including servers and Internet appliances.’
- ‘If Internet appliances do take off, TI could be in an enviable position.’
- ‘Other potential network clients are Internet appliances, non-PC devices that have a web browser and e-mail.’
- ‘Internet appliances are a future of computing, not the future.’
- ‘One of the coolest Internet appliances being developed comes from PenguinRadio.’
- ‘This question has spawned an entire category of simple Internet access devices called Internet appliances.’
- ‘They look and act like PCs but lack a hard drive, which is appropriate since Internet appliances aren't meant for storing letters, budgets, and so on.’
- ‘I remember talking to Apple in 2000 about when it was going to release its own Internet appliance.’
- ‘The nifty thing about an Internet appliance is how easy it is to update.’
- ‘Internet appliances were supposed to kill them, and soon game consoles and set-top boxes will.’
- ‘"We see our principle markets in telecoms, automotive and Internet appliances," said How.’
- ‘There is a company here in Seattle that is putting out an Internet appliance like the one you are talking about.’
- ‘See how Linux can be used to prototype a sophisticated Internet appliance.’
- ‘Done right, I think the mass market that has long eluded Internet appliances is there for the taking.’
- ‘This should not surprise anyone since Microsoft has done everything in its power to convert the home computer into an Internet appliance.’
- ‘Certainly, Linux is a good choice for Internet appliances with web browsers.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.