One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The energy in a system arising from the relative positions and interactions of its parts.
- ‘Temperature is a measure of the internal energy of a system - which contains both kinetic and potential energy.’
- ‘If all you know of this system is that its internal energy is E and its volume is V, then clearly there are many, many different states the system could be in.’
- ‘Atoms give up excess internal energy by giving off photons as electrons return to lower energy orbits.’
- ‘In still air, as internal energy is conducted from a warmer body to the surrounding air, the air near the object is warmed.’
- ‘Thermodynamics is the study of the inter-relation between heat, work and internal energy of a system.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.