One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Existing or taking place between molecules.
- ‘In fact, even in liquids and solids intermolecular interactions are only strong for molecules that are next to each other.’
- ‘When there are stronger intermolecular forces between the molecules of a liquid, the surface tension should be greater.’
- ‘The molecular model for ceramide channels is based on the ability of ceramide molecules to form intermolecular hydrogen bonds.’
- ‘Moreover the now-effective intermolecular forces cause the molecules to arrange themselves into ordered groups.’
- ‘Some elements, such as the Noble Gases, exist with intermolecular forces and no bonding at all.’
- ‘Most of the intermolecular forces are identical to bonding between atoms in a single molecule.’
- ‘They are stretched and aligned in a way that will eventually allow them to form strong intermolecular links.’
- ‘An intermolecular pair interaction between water molecules is also introduced.’
- ‘This kind of analysis can provide some information about the arrangement of acceptor molecules and intermolecular interactions.’
- ‘These interactions are attractions and repulsions due to intermolecular forces and the fact that the molecules have a definite size.’
- ‘Both intermolecular and intramolecular DNA condensation has been observed experimentally.’
- ‘Each sodium molecule is held in place adjacent to the next molecule by weak intermolecular forces.’
- ‘Brownian dynamics is a powerful theoretical method to study intermolecular interactions in solution.’
- ‘To understand the differences in properties of larger molecules, the additivity of intermolecular interactions becomes important.’
- ‘It is quite possible that some kinetic pathway is overwhelmingly enhanced or entirely blocked due to intermolecular interactions or molecular packing.’
- ‘In a solid, the molecules are in close contact, and there is little intermolecular movement.’
- ‘These forces are called intermolecular forces, and are in general much weaker than the intramolecular forces.’
- ‘Its value is dependent on intermolecular forces in the liquid and the molecular complexity of the compound.’
- ‘The other factor adding to the failure of the law of partial pressures at high pressure is the presence of weak, intermolecular forces.’
- ‘With the formation of intermolecular cross-links, the proportion of fast-reassociating DNA should increase.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.