One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The frequency to which a radio signal is converted during heterodyne reception.
- ‘When it comes time to perform an alignment on a Model 90 receiver, there has been a great deal of confusion over the years concerning the proper intermediate frequency to be used.’
- ‘In other words, depending on these intermediate frequencies, the bandpass filter circuit as well as the center frequency of the detecting circuit can be changed.’
- ‘TV detection works by detecting leakage from the receiver of the oscillator used to convert the received frequency down to the intermediate frequency used inside the receiver.’
- ‘The center frequency of the output range is called the intermediate frequency, or IF.’
- ‘The components are connected using an intermediate frequency that carries both power and data.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.