One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The frequency to which a radio signal is converted during heterodyne reception.
- ‘The components are connected using an intermediate frequency that carries both power and data.’
- ‘TV detection works by detecting leakage from the receiver of the oscillator used to convert the received frequency down to the intermediate frequency used inside the receiver.’
- ‘The center frequency of the output range is called the intermediate frequency, or IF.’
- ‘When it comes time to perform an alignment on a Model 90 receiver, there has been a great deal of confusion over the years concerning the proper intermediate frequency to be used.’
- ‘In other words, depending on these intermediate frequencies, the bandpass filter circuit as well as the center frequency of the detecting circuit can be changed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.