Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Situated between lobes (e.g. of the kidney or liver)
- ‘In addition, diagnostically important small structures, such as interlobular septa and distal arterioles and bronchioles, are not visualized.’
- ‘It may cause interstitial lung disease by diffusely involving the pleura, interlobular septa, and pulmonary bronchovascular bundles.’
- ‘The pulmonary venules then drain toward the periphery of the lobule and form pulmonary veins that travel within the interlobular septa.’
- ‘At a higher power, the presence of an interlobular bile duct identifies the structure as an abnormal triad.’
- ‘Superficial growth along the interlobular septa of subcutaneous fat was noted in several of the larger, more cellular lesions.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.