Material used as an extra lining between the ordinary lining and the fabric of a garment, curtain, etc.
backing, facing, inlay, reinforcement, linerView synonyms
- ‘Our range of interlinings are not only super-soft, they're also packed with other properties to make the wearer feel more comfortable.’
- ‘Nonwoven interlinings are custom-tailored solutions as today's fashion fabrics often require support that won't detract from their natural design and handle.’
- ‘Several trimming companies recently became members, offering goods such as linings, interlinings, buttons, zippers and lace, etc.’
- ‘Use heavy material to line curtains or, even better, buy a special thermal interlining.’
- ‘The interlining makes the fabric hang well and is a marvellous draught excluder.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.