One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A system in which one library borrows a book from another library for the use of an individual.
- ‘If you find titles of interest, you may obtain them through your local library on interlibrary loan.’
- ‘Out-of-print items sometimes can be obtained via a library and/or through interlibrary loan.’
- ‘It could also be available at larger public libraries, or ordered on interlibrary loan.’
- ‘Other libraries should be able to obtain copies via interlibrary loan.’
- ‘The references proved fairly easy to locate through the Internet and interlibrary loans.’
- ‘If these libraries could not supply the titles, interlibrary loan was not offered except through the local public library.’
- ‘Peripheral clusters entailed temporary, rather than permanent, access by being obtained from local libraries or through interlibrary loan.’
- ‘It offers a variety of ways to get at the texts, including library call numbers and interlibrary loan where needed, and also citation information in some cases.’
- ‘Using interlibrary loan is a common practice for accessing books and journal articles, but few libraries are willing to circulate sound recordings or rare archival material.’
- ‘Many other critical services such as the daily delivery system, interlibrary loan, and reserve pool will also be cut.’
- ‘What implications does that have for interlibrary loan?’
- ‘Technology has touched every aspect of library services, including cataloging, reference, interlibrary loan, document delivery, circulation, and training.’
- ‘I spend a lot of time making interlibrary loans and collecting stuff from archives.’
- ‘It's amazing what you can get through an interlibrary loan.’
- ‘All 121 were retrieved through a library search or via interlibrary loan.’
- ‘Libraries have done so with great success in cataloging, interlibrary loan, and content.’
- ‘Otherwise, local public libraries can obtain copies through interlibrary loan.’
- ‘For one assignment, I asked the geology librarian if she could obtain a creationist publication for me by interlibrary loan.’
- ‘I had difficulty acquiring some publications through interlibrary loan or by tracking down publishers from the literature cited.’
- ‘These records are not available on interlibrary loan and so it would therefore be necessary to visit the library in person or to write requesting information.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.