One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The art or process of designing the interior decoration of a room or building.
- ‘Later again, she studied for and received a diploma in interior design.’
- ‘The latest trend in interior design seems to suggest that there is nothing like a dash of antiquity to lend beauty and elegance to a room.’
- ‘The interior design boosts a mix of period-wood paneling and stone flagged floors.’
- ‘She is an artistic designer, a description which spans from interior design to school murals.’
- ‘British designers will also give lectures to local students majoring in interior design.’
- ‘The interior design is in the hands of a company based in Scotland.’
- ‘In November 2002, the bar was shortlisted for the best pub interior design, proving a big hit with its roof terrace.’
- ‘Some of the courses on offer include digital photography, art, interior design and stained glass.’
- ‘The show is sure to inspire the future of interior design, furniture and building materials.’
- ‘As interior design was really taking off in the 1960s, women were fighting to get out of their homes and enter public life.’
- ‘Adults will be able to try their hand at computing, art, interior design, guitar, massage, nail art and much more.’
- ‘What's so unconventional about mediocre food, chic interior design and waiters dressed in black?’
- ‘Mrs. Skippy, who likes to study interior design, chuckled at the title of the album.’
- ‘This contains scenes of tasteful interior design and restful soft furnishings, intended for a family audience.’
- ‘It seems to me that they did not grasp the essence of interior design.’
- ‘His namesake suite is an example of the subtlety of the building's interior design.’
- ‘He was resistant at first, but soon became a careful dresser and appreciative of his wife's flair for interior design.’
- ‘Plants have become an integral part of the exterior and interior design of many buildings.’
- ‘If you do not wish to study interior design in depth the school is offering an introductory practical course.’
- ‘The interior design would not be to everyone's taste, particularly the shocking pink and black kitchen.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.