Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The art or process of designing the interior decoration of a room or building.
- ‘Adults will be able to try their hand at computing, art, interior design, guitar, massage, nail art and much more.’
- ‘British designers will also give lectures to local students majoring in interior design.’
- ‘He was resistant at first, but soon became a careful dresser and appreciative of his wife's flair for interior design.’
- ‘If you do not wish to study interior design in depth the school is offering an introductory practical course.’
- ‘It seems to me that they did not grasp the essence of interior design.’
- ‘The interior design is in the hands of a company based in Scotland.’
- ‘This contains scenes of tasteful interior design and restful soft furnishings, intended for a family audience.’
- ‘In November 2002, the bar was shortlisted for the best pub interior design, proving a big hit with its roof terrace.’
- ‘The show is sure to inspire the future of interior design, furniture and building materials.’
- ‘What's so unconventional about mediocre food, chic interior design and waiters dressed in black?’
- ‘His namesake suite is an example of the subtlety of the building's interior design.’
- ‘Mrs. Skippy, who likes to study interior design, chuckled at the title of the album.’
- ‘Plants have become an integral part of the exterior and interior design of many buildings.’
- ‘Some of the courses on offer include digital photography, art, interior design and stained glass.’
- ‘The interior design would not be to everyone's taste, particularly the shocking pink and black kitchen.’
- ‘She is an artistic designer, a description which spans from interior design to school murals.’
- ‘Later again, she studied for and received a diploma in interior design.’
- ‘As interior design was really taking off in the 1960s, women were fighting to get out of their homes and enter public life.’
- ‘The interior design boosts a mix of period-wood paneling and stone flagged floors.’
- ‘The latest trend in interior design seems to suggest that there is nothing like a dash of antiquity to lend beauty and elegance to a room.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.