Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The decoration of the interior of a building or room, especially with regard to color combination and artistic effect.
- ‘Along with flowerpots and utensils, they also sell decorated vases and other accessories for interior decoration like earthen bells.’
- ‘We have bought the snooker tables and the building price includes interior decoration.’
- ‘To attract more high-profile customers, he set aside nearly 10,000 dollars for interior decoration.’
- ‘Apart from fiction, there are books on medicine, history, interior decoration, travel, cookery, fashion designing and puzzles.’
- ‘Not many know that the artiste has a refined taste for interior decoration.’
- ‘He also had a soft spot for interior decoration.’
- ‘The place is a pinnacle of interior decoration for a coffee shop.’
- ‘Indeed, the squiggle-painted decoration in the original kitchen is representative of interior decoration in its earliest incarnation in America.’
- ‘That's £24,000 for things like holidays, interior decoration, digital cameras, mobile phones, Botox injections and all the other pleasures afforded by modern life.’
- ‘The interior decoration in the public areas will also soon be finished.’
- ‘The garden is looking good, the fish pond is planted and cleaning up nicely with its new filtration system, and the workshop is now weatherproof and ready for interior decoration.’
- ‘Finally, she told me I ‘had artistic leanings and would succeed in the world of interior decorating.’’
- ‘He also put over 1 million yuan into interior decoration.’
- ‘If you have a new apartment and a lot of money, would you rather spend it on long-term interior decoration or on a set of nice furniture?’
- ‘She has been using images from popular culture to create images which refer to a traditional form of interior decoration.’
- ‘It is, in essence, interior decoration for renters.’
- ‘The property was completely refurbished just 12 years ago and is only in need of interior decoration and fittings.’
- ‘He was famed for his work in stained and painted glass, interior decoration, and furniture design.’
- ‘As the concept of interior decoration is gaining popularity, handcrafted materials made in the traditional style are much sought after to beautify a place.’
- ‘Many a dealer spends a fortune on interior decoration, lighting and innovative display techniques.’
interior decoration/inˈˌtirēər ˌdekəˈrāSHən/
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.