One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A thing produced by intergrowing, especially of mineral crystals in rock.
- ‘White intergrowths of albite crystals are a common associate of amazonite and smoky quartz.’
- ‘These intergrowths were very difficult to study.’
- ‘I was thus able to easily draw not only ideal crystals, but also crystals with distorted forms and all kinds of intergrowths.’
- ‘Reticulated, generally triangular-appearing twinned intergrowths of slender prismatic crystals are typically referred to as ‘sagenite.’’
- ‘The early type has been noted microscopically in intergrowths with marmatite.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.