One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A thing produced by intergrowing, especially of mineral crystals in rock.
- ‘These intergrowths were very difficult to study.’
- ‘The early type has been noted microscopically in intergrowths with marmatite.’
- ‘Reticulated, generally triangular-appearing twinned intergrowths of slender prismatic crystals are typically referred to as ‘sagenite.’’
- ‘White intergrowths of albite crystals are a common associate of amazonite and smoky quartz.’
- ‘I was thus able to easily draw not only ideal crystals, but also crystals with distorted forms and all kinds of intergrowths.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.