One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Existing between or obtained from different genera.‘intergeneric differences’‘an intergeneric hybrid’
- ‘In this framework, a number of interspecific and intergeneric hybrids were grown and tested for fertility and fruit quality.’
- ‘The loose interspecific or even intergeneric connections probably provide polyploids with such genetic flexibility.’
- ‘Interspecific or intergeneric hybridization, followed by chromosome doubling, can lead to the formation of new allopolyploid species.’
- ‘As these species are cross-incompatible, the only way to obtain such intergeneric hybrids is protoplast fusion and somatic hybridization.’
- ‘If these were intergeneric hybrids, they would likely have significantly incongruent positions between the chloroplast and mitochondrial gene phylogenies.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.