Existing between or obtained from different genera.‘intergeneric differences’‘an intergeneric hybrid’
- ‘As these species are cross-incompatible, the only way to obtain such intergeneric hybrids is protoplast fusion and somatic hybridization.’
- ‘Interspecific or intergeneric hybridization, followed by chromosome doubling, can lead to the formation of new allopolyploid species.’
- ‘In this framework, a number of interspecific and intergeneric hybrids were grown and tested for fertility and fruit quality.’
- ‘The loose interspecific or even intergeneric connections probably provide polyploids with such genetic flexibility.’
- ‘If these were intergeneric hybrids, they would likely have significantly incongruent positions between the chloroplast and mitochondrial gene phylogenies.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.