One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An instrument in which the interference of two beams of light is employed to make precise measurements.
- ‘The flip causes a tiny shift in the cantilever's vibration frequency, which is recorded by the laser interferometer.’
- ‘The downward radiance measured by the infrared interferometer is a combination of thermal emission by atmospheric water vapor and by the cloud ice mass.’
- ‘They might even beat the earth-based interferometers in detecting the first authentic gravity wave.’
- ‘It should be noted that the lengths of the arms of the interferometer on ground-based gravity wave detectors are on the order of 1 kilometer.’
- ‘Optical interferometers (and other refractive index sensors) have features that make them versatile platforms for biomolecular sensing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.