One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A moderately stiff material, especially buckram, typically used between two layers of fabric in collars and facings.
covering, trimming, lining, reinforcement, backingView synonyms
- ‘Linen garments require different interfacings, depending on your project.’
- ‘If the pocket will endure a lot of strain, reinforce the entire pocket area by applying interfacing to the garment wrong side.’
- ‘To check the feel of a garment and its interfacing, isolate an area away from the seams.’
- ‘Outer fabric, interfacings, linings, shoulder pads, and finishes all react differently when washed.’
- ‘For the best results, apply a lightweight fusible interfacing to the facings and the upper collar.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.