Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Between the fingers or toes.
- ‘Other important observations include the presence of peeling skin and maceration or fissuring of the interdigital skin.’
- ‘The most common infestation sites are the interdigital spaces of the fingers, the flexor surfaces of the wrists, the external male genitalia, the buttocks and the anterior axillary folds.’
- ‘Areas most affected are interdigital folds, flexor aspect of wrists, extensor aspect of elbows, belt line, thighs, navel, penis, areola, abdomen, inter gluteal fold.’
- ‘Pain is elicited in the affected interdigital space when the metatarsal heads of the foot are squeezed together.’
- ‘Ulceration mainly occurred on the dorsum of the medial three toes and interdigital clefts, occasionally extending to the sole of the foot.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.