One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to more than one department.
- ‘An interdepartmental committee was formed to bring in a legislative framework.’
- ‘There was interdepartmental squabbling, interfaculty squabbling.’
- ‘Parliament voted on September 10 to create an interdepartmental commission of inquiry to try to track down investments made in Bulgarian overseas companies.’
- ‘The department has just published draft guidance from an interdepartmental group for consultation.’
- ‘An interdepartmental committee, set up to examine the legal and constitutional difficulties, is close to completing its work.’
- ‘An interdepartmental government committee was also established by the power sharing regime as ministers try to resolve the deep rooted problems.’
- ‘In Canada, the issue is being considered by an interdepartmental committee.’
- ‘Their own responsibilities or their membership of many interdepartmental committees bring them into contact with other departments.’
- ‘Also, interdepartmental coordination should improve.’
- ‘In a statement on October 17, the Health Ministry said that an interdepartmental bird flu crisis task force had started work.’
- ‘The question of making the grant available was one for interdepartmental consideration and a decision would probably be made at an early date.’
- ‘The audit was done by an interdepartmental committee set up to help cushion the poor against rising food prices.’
- ‘I gather a recent London interdepartmental meeting considered the question and decided to continue to receive the material.’
- ‘Managing and promoting this interdepartmental program with faculty from four departments required an academic paradigm shift.’
- ‘Interdisciplinary studies courses frequently are arranged through interdepartmental programs in which more than two academic departments offer courses together.’
- ‘Of course, I immediately grabbed one and used it for all of my interdepartmental correspondence.’
- ‘‘We need a more cohesive approach and one interdepartmental body would achieve this,’ Ms Maddock stated.’
- ‘An interdepartmental committee set up in 1903 drew a shocking picture of the nation's children - malnourished, poorly housed, and deprived.’
- ‘The action plan published by the interdepartmental committee on science, technology and innovation called for more investment in R & D in the coming decade.’
- ‘So it wasn't just a failure of technology, it was a failure of interdepartmental planning and coordination.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.