One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to more than one department.
- ‘The action plan published by the interdepartmental committee on science, technology and innovation called for more investment in R & D in the coming decade.’
- ‘Parliament voted on September 10 to create an interdepartmental commission of inquiry to try to track down investments made in Bulgarian overseas companies.’
- ‘There was interdepartmental squabbling, interfaculty squabbling.’
- ‘An interdepartmental government committee was also established by the power sharing regime as ministers try to resolve the deep rooted problems.’
- ‘In a statement on October 17, the Health Ministry said that an interdepartmental bird flu crisis task force had started work.’
- ‘Of course, I immediately grabbed one and used it for all of my interdepartmental correspondence.’
- ‘The audit was done by an interdepartmental committee set up to help cushion the poor against rising food prices.’
- ‘An interdepartmental committee, set up to examine the legal and constitutional difficulties, is close to completing its work.’
- ‘An interdepartmental committee was formed to bring in a legislative framework.’
- ‘Managing and promoting this interdepartmental program with faculty from four departments required an academic paradigm shift.’
- ‘Also, interdepartmental coordination should improve.’
- ‘The question of making the grant available was one for interdepartmental consideration and a decision would probably be made at an early date.’
- ‘‘We need a more cohesive approach and one interdepartmental body would achieve this,’ Ms Maddock stated.’
- ‘An interdepartmental committee set up in 1903 drew a shocking picture of the nation's children - malnourished, poorly housed, and deprived.’
- ‘So it wasn't just a failure of technology, it was a failure of interdepartmental planning and coordination.’
- ‘In Canada, the issue is being considered by an interdepartmental committee.’
- ‘Interdisciplinary studies courses frequently are arranged through interdepartmental programs in which more than two academic departments offer courses together.’
- ‘Their own responsibilities or their membership of many interdepartmental committees bring them into contact with other departments.’
- ‘The department has just published draft guidance from an interdepartmental group for consultation.’
- ‘I gather a recent London interdepartmental meeting considered the question and decided to continue to receive the material.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.