Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to more than one religious denomination.‘an interdenominational Thanksgiving service’
- ‘This will be followed by an interdenominational prayer service.’
- ‘The service was interdenominational and the theme was ‘In faith, women shape the future.’’
- ‘This international and interdenominational service was compiled by the women of Romania.’
- ‘This was followed by a packed interdenominational service in the church, led by the Reverend Simon Wilkinson, before wreaths were laid at the town's war memorial.’
- ‘It will be unveiled during the interdenominational service on a new plinth and is the first permanent memorial to the dead.’
- ‘The issue of getting an interdenominational church at Daisy Hill Hospital is one which is close to my heart.’
- ‘You've been a Christian educator for many years, and in fact you're a minister of the church, an interdenominational church, is that right?’
- ‘It was also an interdenominational event and readers from both church communities narrated the passion story.’
- ‘It is Roman Catholic in its tradition, but interdenominational in its outlook.’
- ‘It was interdenominational, with a different minister travelling out from town each week, giving sermons alternately in English and Afrikaans.’
- ‘Most Baptist churches used either interdenominational materials or Southern Baptist materials.’
- ‘Eighteen churches throughout the Indonesian archipelago support this interdenominational Christian university.’
- ‘Priest Paul Haworth said: ‘For some people, interdenominational services can be a bit challenging.’’
- ‘The interdenominational women's organization issued a news release following its January 27 meeting with denominational representatives.’
- ‘The weekend begins in Castlecomer Church on Friday evening and finishes with an interdenominational service in St. Mary's Church on Sunday morning at 11 o'clock.’
- ‘Located in Salt Lake City, the seminary is an interdenominational school of biblical and theological studies.’
- ‘It is committed to The Westminster Confession of Faith, but is interdenominational in that it seeks to serve a variety of church communities.’
- ‘There was a large interdenominational gathering to participate in the hour-long service.’
- ‘As the years passed, Quakers, Baptists, Methodists, and an interdenominational Protestant group called the New York Missionary Society joined the effort of proselytizing the Iroquois.’
- ‘You may enjoy quiet time in the interdenominational chapel and view a waterfall through the window.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.