Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An apparatus for cooling gas between successive compressions, especially in a supercharged vehicle engine.
- ‘Like turbos, superchargers like to gorge on fresh air and a massive intercooler sits on top of the engine fed by the roof mounted air-scoop.’
- ‘Therefore, many turbocharged and supercharged cars have an intercooler.’
- ‘It also accommodates the engine, transmission and air conditioning radiators and intercoolers.’
- ‘This high output is achieved by using a mechanically driven supercharger and an intercooler.’
- ‘Engine efficiency is enhanced even further by an intercooler and direct fuel injection.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.