One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An apparatus for cooling gas between successive compressions, especially in a supercharged vehicle engine.
- ‘Therefore, many turbocharged and supercharged cars have an intercooler.’
- ‘It also accommodates the engine, transmission and air conditioning radiators and intercoolers.’
- ‘This high output is achieved by using a mechanically driven supercharger and an intercooler.’
- ‘Engine efficiency is enhanced even further by an intercooler and direct fuel injection.’
- ‘Like turbos, superchargers like to gorge on fresh air and a massive intercooler sits on top of the engine fed by the roof mounted air-scoop.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.