Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Existing between different polymer chains.‘interchain hydrogen bonds’
- ‘It is important to notice the existence of interchain disulphide bonds between keratin molecules within the microfibril.’
- ‘This simply demonstrated that the reduction procedure cleaved interchain disulfide bonds in most of the molecules.’
- ‘Also one can examine how intrachain collapse and interchain aggregation are intertwined in the assembly pathway.’
- ‘The effects of the interchain interactions on the component and state separation diagrams are investigated.’
- ‘It has been proposed that the dimer intermediate contains interchain disulfide bonds.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.