Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Existing or acting between atoms.
- ‘The graphs are colored such that the shading progresses from dark to light when moving from short to long interatomic distances.’
- ‘All protein atoms and directions of major interatomic currents are shown in figure 1.’
- ‘Here, distance is defined as the smallest interatomic distance between any two atoms in a pair of amino acids.’
- ‘This means that molecules and organisms are held together by the tensile nature of interatomic bonds.’
- ‘Also considered are interatomic forces and valence, the theory of solids, collision problems, radiation theory and relativistic quantum theory.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.