One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
attributive Relating to two or more states formally cooperating for military purposes.
- ‘An inter-allied conference met at Doullens, near Amiens, on 26 March.’
- ‘Correspondingly, in the area of inter-allied shipping, Canada would make no such claim.’
- ‘The defense of sea routes became even more of a problem in the North in connection with the organization of strategic inter-allied transportation.’
- ‘It was, however, on the economic front that inter-allied relations were most important.’
- ‘His commander was obsessed with inter-allied cooperation and Fredendall's open disdain was a direct challenge.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.