One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having intentions of a specified kind.‘it is hard to argue that Smith is ill intentioned’‘the film is seriously intentioned and honorable in purpose’
- ‘The software is malicious and evil intentioned and is designed to steal something from you.’
- ‘The strange warrior's code forms the basis for all these films, whether intentioned or not.’
- ‘Her present reversal of mood may either be humoring me or be genuinely better intentioned.’
- ‘He claims that his intentioned gold sales are primarily supposed to help poor countries in Africa.’
- ‘No matter how credible, genuinely intentioned, or brilliant an aspirant is, if he does not fit into the caucus's agenda, he had better drop his ambition.’
- ‘Collating such an enormous volume of research would clearly be beyond even the best intentioned researchers planning to post a questionnaire.’
- ‘As the organization evolves, its primary goal often appears to be less educationally intentioned.’
- ‘It has been widely accepted that a code of practice is essential if the act is to be implemented as originally intentioned.’
- ‘Why do individuals' actions not always give on to their intentioned ends?’
- ‘Your note mentions that a ban on hats is probably intentioned to enable security cameras to get a better look at bank robbers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.