One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A trembling of a part of the body when attempting a precise movement, associated especially with disease of the cerebellum.
- ‘FXTAS is a neurodegenerative disorder with progressive intention tremor and cerebellar ataxia.’
- ‘Kinetic tremor, which occurs with voluntary movement, is either simple kinetic tremor or intention tremor.’
- ‘When seeking evidence of postural tremor, the physician asks the patient to extend the arms and perform the finger-to-nose or finger-to-finger movement to identify an intention tremor.’
- ‘She also was noted to have a mild intention tremor of the upper extremities.’
- ‘A computed tomographic scan or an MRI is more important in cases of intention tremor, when strokes, tumors, and multiple sclerosis are suspected.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.