One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
attributive (of a person) planning or meaning to do or be the specified thing.‘an intending client’
- ‘There are still a number of places available, but it is important that intending pilgrims give their names immediately to Tully's Travel.’
- ‘We would like to see as many members as possible in attendance and any intending members are also welcome to come along on the night.’
- ‘He pointed to the four options open to an intending purchaser on receiving an adverse structural survey.’
- ‘The intending singers must have an ID or bona fide card, passport size photograph, and must pay registration fee.’
- ‘The owners of 87, Marlborough Road, and the estate agent handling the sale should have informed the intending purchasers of this fact.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.