Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The state or quality of being intelligible.‘being able to see a speaker can improve intelligibility’
comprehensibility, ease of understanding, accessibility, digestibility, user-friendlinesslucidity, lucidness, clarity, clearness, coherence, transparency, plainness, simplicity, perspicuity, explicitness, precision, lack of ambiguity, unambiguityView synonyms
- ‘The main complaint about each was the lack of clarity - affecting not just the visual but intelligibility.’
- ‘The idea that accent determines intellect is totally bogus, and mistakes intelligibility for intelligence.’
- ‘So, I do insist on maintaining intelligibility.’
- ‘The result is reduced clarity and intelligibility.’
- ‘They vary in clarity, intelligibility, accessibility of writing, and in the quality of their observations, conclusions, and recommendations.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.