One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The state or quality of being intelligible.‘being able to see a speaker can improve intelligibility’
comprehensibility, ease of understanding, accessibility, digestibility, user-friendlinessView synonyms
- ‘The main complaint about each was the lack of clarity - affecting not just the visual but intelligibility.’
- ‘The idea that accent determines intellect is totally bogus, and mistakes intelligibility for intelligence.’
- ‘So, I do insist on maintaining intelligibility.’
- ‘The result is reduced clarity and intelligibility.’
- ‘They vary in clarity, intelligibility, accessibility of writing, and in the quality of their observations, conclusions, and recommendations.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.