Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A test designed to measure the ability to think and reason rather than acquired knowledge.
- ‘All teens were given this 20-min brief intelligence test that contained subtests for vocabulary and matrix reasoning.’
- ‘In fact, that was Hunter's estimate of savings if you applied a simple test of general mental ability, a psychometric intelligence test, instead of nothing at all.’
- ‘The RAKIT is a Dutch intelligence test for children aged 4-11 years.’
- ‘All entrants were given an intelligence test as well.’
- ‘A general ability test at age 11 approximated the conventional intelligence test, with verbal and non-verbal components.’
intelligence test/inˈteləjəns ˌtest/
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.