Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A work or invention that is the result of creativity, such as a manuscript or a design, to which one has rights and for which one may apply for a patent, copyright, trademark, etc.
- ‘Patents, copyright and intellectual property should be registered, he says.’
- ‘Is it time to review the laws on ownership of intellectual property and copyright?’
- ‘Secondly, I'm interested in matters concerning copyright and intellectual property.’
- ‘The legal system protects intellectual property through patents and copyright.’
- ‘This is mainly due to the patenting system where a company is given sole ownership of some intellectual property.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.