Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A work or invention that is the result of creativity, such as a manuscript or a design, to which one has rights and for which one may apply for a patent, copyright, trademark, etc.→ IP
- ‘Is it time to review the laws on ownership of intellectual property and copyright?’
- ‘Patents, copyright and intellectual property should be registered, he says.’
- ‘Secondly, I'm interested in matters concerning copyright and intellectual property.’
- ‘The legal system protects intellectual property through patents and copyright.’
- ‘This is mainly due to the patenting system where a company is given sole ownership of some intellectual property.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.