One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The action or process of understanding, as opposed to imagination.‘audiences demand intellection without the need for thought’
- ‘How, otherwise, is intellection possible if I can jointly believe that humans were once apes, but then again weren't?’
- ‘Writing was the great discovery, her process of intellection, the frontier.’
- ‘Any definition of intellection or perception, therefore, that splits them into two disparate parts, misunderstands the nature of knowledge and of reality.’
- ‘Mithen's book speaks to the assumptions behind a long-entrenched intellectual culture that has privileged intellection over artistic expression and the individual over the group.’
- ‘There are different kinds of intellection, and I think some of them are much more canny about tacit, implicit knowledge, than about scientific or explicit knowledge.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.