One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The action or process of understanding, as opposed to imagination.
- ‘Writing was the great discovery, her process of intellection, the frontier.’
- ‘Mithen's book speaks to the assumptions behind a long-entrenched intellectual culture that has privileged intellection over artistic expression and the individual over the group.’
- ‘How, otherwise, is intellection possible if I can jointly believe that humans were once apes, but then again weren't?’
- ‘There are different kinds of intellection, and I think some of them are much more canny about tacit, implicit knowledge, than about scientific or explicit knowledge.’
- ‘Any definition of intellection or perception, therefore, that splits them into two disparate parts, misunderstands the nature of knowledge and of reality.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.