One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of an instrument) indicating the mean value or total sum of a measured quantity.
- ‘We used an integrating sphere to measure the spectral characteristics of a monolayer of cells and microscopic techniques to examine the spectral characteristics of individual cells.’
- ‘Guidance was preset, with an integrating accelerometer to measure when the missile had reached the requisite speed to reach the target.’
- ‘A photodiode is mounted on the integrating sphere to measure the radiant flux from the diode laser entering the sphere.’
- ‘Flash intensity during patrol flights in the standard flight apparatus could not reliably be measured so the integrating sphere was brought into play.’
- ‘This absorbance is an average for healthy leaves as measured with an integrating sphere.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.