One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An electronic circuit formed on a small piece of semiconducting material, performing the same function as a larger circuit made from discrete components.
- ‘These fluidic devices are analogous to electronic integrated circuits fabricated using large-scale integration.’
- ‘His invention of the monolithic integrated circuit, the microchip, some 45 years ago laid the conceptual and technical foundation for the entire field of modern micro-electronics.’
- ‘A fixture for making laminated integrated circuit devices from layers of integrated circuits comprises a base having support structure for at least two side body portions.’
- ‘These well-aligned geometries are commonly used in the nanofabrication of integrated circuits and microelectronic devices.’
- ‘Currently, nearly 90 percent of solar cells in the world are made from a refined, highly purified form of silicon - the same material used in manufacturing integrated circuits and computer chips.’
- ‘IT products that Indonesia exports include telephone and facsimile machines, personal computers, printers, printed circuit boards, semiconductors and integrated circuits.’
- ‘Silicon is best known as the material used to make semiconductor computer chips with integrated circuits.’
- ‘Lithography is the process of imprinting patterns on semiconductor materials used in integrated circuits.’
- ‘Several electronics manufacturers have demonstrated transistors and even integrated circuits that are made from non-insulating plastic materials rather than silicon.’
- ‘In the present invention an electronic package assembly includes an integrated circuit positioned on a substrate.’
- ‘Current integrated circuits, or computer chips, contain about 100 million transistors each.’
- ‘Finally, the smaller components such as integrated circuits come apart and are collected.’
- ‘In production, most of the electronics will be implemented in application-specific integrated circuits (ASICs).’
- ‘The problem arises with the low-volume chips, primarily application-specific integrated circuits, which can be produced in lots as small as 25 wafers.’
- ‘Almost every electronic gadget needs integrated circuits - from cellular phones to smart cards to digital cameras to microwave ovens.’
- ‘Lithography is used in the manufacture of integrated circuits to transfer circuit patterns from a mask to the silicon surface.’
- ‘The introduction of a new material like germanium in the critical areas of the integrated circuits provides an alternative means of improving chip performance from the traditional method of simply shrinking circuitry.’
- ‘Subsequently, this research led to transistors, which in turn led to the development of integrated circuits that carry an electronic signal.’
- ‘A device for generating a voltage pulse in a low-voltage integrated circuit includes a capacitor and a control circuit.’
- ‘Nanotube connectors as thin as 1.2 nanometers are theoretically capable of supplying sufficiently large electric currents to integrated circuits.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.