One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An electronic circuit formed on a small piece of semiconducting material, performing the same function as a larger circuit made from discrete components.
- ‘Current integrated circuits, or computer chips, contain about 100 million transistors each.’
- ‘A device for generating a voltage pulse in a low-voltage integrated circuit includes a capacitor and a control circuit.’
- ‘Lithography is used in the manufacture of integrated circuits to transfer circuit patterns from a mask to the silicon surface.’
- ‘These fluidic devices are analogous to electronic integrated circuits fabricated using large-scale integration.’
- ‘Nanotube connectors as thin as 1.2 nanometers are theoretically capable of supplying sufficiently large electric currents to integrated circuits.’
- ‘In the present invention an electronic package assembly includes an integrated circuit positioned on a substrate.’
- ‘Currently, nearly 90 percent of solar cells in the world are made from a refined, highly purified form of silicon - the same material used in manufacturing integrated circuits and computer chips.’
- ‘Almost every electronic gadget needs integrated circuits - from cellular phones to smart cards to digital cameras to microwave ovens.’
- ‘In production, most of the electronics will be implemented in application-specific integrated circuits (ASICs).’
- ‘The problem arises with the low-volume chips, primarily application-specific integrated circuits, which can be produced in lots as small as 25 wafers.’
- ‘Subsequently, this research led to transistors, which in turn led to the development of integrated circuits that carry an electronic signal.’
- ‘These well-aligned geometries are commonly used in the nanofabrication of integrated circuits and microelectronic devices.’
- ‘Several electronics manufacturers have demonstrated transistors and even integrated circuits that are made from non-insulating plastic materials rather than silicon.’
- ‘IT products that Indonesia exports include telephone and facsimile machines, personal computers, printers, printed circuit boards, semiconductors and integrated circuits.’
- ‘The introduction of a new material like germanium in the critical areas of the integrated circuits provides an alternative means of improving chip performance from the traditional method of simply shrinking circuitry.’
- ‘A fixture for making laminated integrated circuit devices from layers of integrated circuits comprises a base having support structure for at least two side body portions.’
- ‘His invention of the monolithic integrated circuit, the microchip, some 45 years ago laid the conceptual and technical foundation for the entire field of modern micro-electronics.’
- ‘Silicon is best known as the material used to make semiconductor computer chips with integrated circuits.’
- ‘Lithography is the process of imprinting patterns on semiconductor materials used in integrated circuits.’
- ‘Finally, the smaller components such as integrated circuits come apart and are collected.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.