One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A function that is to be integrated.
component, constituent, part, section, portion, piece, segment, bitView synonyms
- ‘The approximation of the integral is most accurate if the lattice points lie in the high-density region of the integrand.’
- ‘It assumes an invariant average wavelength in the denominator of the integrand.’
- ‘From this point of view a curve or a surface can be identified with a linear functional over the class of variational integrands.’
- ‘Importance sampling involves evaluating the integrand at independently sampled realizations from a probability distribution that is roughly proportional to the integrand.’
- ‘Because of the nature of the integrand, it may represent any spectral variable (frequency, wavelength, wave number or energy).’
Late 19th century: from Latin integrandus, gerundive of integrare (see integrate).
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.