Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A branch of mathematics concerned with the determination, properties, and application of integrals.Compare with differential calculus
- ‘With clear definition of real numbers formulated at the end of the 19th century, differential and integral calculus had developed into an authentic mathematical system.’
- ‘He studied a lot of mathematics in his own time including trigonometry, differential and integral calculus, and complex numbers long before he met these topics in his formal education.’
- ‘From 1852 to 1858 he taught algebra and geometry, while from 1860 to 1862 he taught differential and integral calculus.’
- ‘There he gave courses on astronomy, celestial mechanics, the differential and integral calculus, the theory of probability, geometry and trigonometry.’
- ‘There he was to receive a good understanding of basic mathematics studying differential and integral calculus, analytic geometry and the foundations of analysis.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.