One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
noun & adjective
- ‘Releasing the photos at that point would have run the risk of stirring up insurrectionists and undermining the new government.’
- ‘Unlike insurrectionists who resist government because it is repressive, vigilantes ‘take arms to do the government's work because the authorities are not repressive enough.’’
- ‘As far as the Empire was concerned, Gandhi was a troublemaker, an insurrectionist, and a traitor to the Empire.’
- ‘This was possible because of the efforts of the Philippine insurrectionists, who controlled most of the island.’
- ‘At this rate we could have government grants for insurrectionists.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.