One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A document detailing the terms and conditions of a contract of insurance.
- ‘Although a rider is not an insurance policy in its own right, when read with the policy shell it can stand on its own.’
- ‘It allows a court to order the terms of a health insurance policy to be performed.’
- ‘The insurance policy should cover the required risks for sufficient amount.’
- ‘You must also have an insurance policy in place for your property prior to cheque issue.’
- ‘As soon as you complete the purchase contract, an insurance policy is necessary.’
- ‘If you look at an insurance policy there are five or six things that are excluded.’
- ‘The defendant was not named as a co-insured in the relevant insurance policy.’
- ‘The husband made proposals to relieve the hardship including a life insurance policy and his offer was accepted by the court.’
- ‘This is a life insurance policy and its proceeds will be used to pay off a mortgage loan in the event of death.’
- ‘It may well be that it will depend upon what the terms of the insurance policy are.’
- ‘Buying an insurance policy is risk management in one of its simplest forms.’
- ‘He had taken out an insurance policy to provide for any tax which would be due on the passing of his estate to his daughters.’
- ‘It's a voluntary insurance policy that will meet your monthly repayments if you fall ill, have an accident or lose your job.’
- ‘This meant that the mortgage could not be paid off by the proceeds of an insurance policy.’
- ‘It is simply that the defendant was informed that an insurance policy was going to be taken out.’
- ‘A copy of the insurance policy so endorsed shall be provided to the Operator at the start of the hire period.’
- ‘Where an ambiguity in an insurance policy is found, we will construe it in favour of the insured.’
- ‘In order for something to be extended, you need to have a marine insurance policy in place in the first instance.’
- ‘If the warning is strong enough, your insurance policy should pay out on a cancellation claim.’
- ‘He had been led to believe that an insurance policy had been taken out to cover legal costs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.