One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An insurer; an insurance company.
- ‘But if a case goes to trial and a guilty verdict is rendered, your insurance carrier might drop you.’
- ‘The member-services department at your health insurance carrier should be able to give you a list of affiliated cardiologists.’
- ‘Patients saw the bill, questioned it, filled out their own insurance forms, clipped the bill to it, and mailed it to their insurance carrier.’
- ‘Also, if a second insurance carrier already has paid expenses, they cannot be reimbursed by Flex funds.’
- ‘And then the insurance carrier will really be stuck.’
- ‘An employer provides long-term disability benefits pursuant to a written plan to its eligible employees through a group insurance policy with a third-party insurance carrier.’
- ‘Another family physician in my town had to abruptly close his practice a couple of months ago when his insurance carrier declined to renew his policy.’
- ‘It's always a good idea to speak with your auto insurance carrier to see if you already have these overages.’
- ‘The family physician may be asked to complete a disability form by a patient, an insurance carrier, the workers' compensation board or other disability system.’
- ‘The insurance carrier he's filed against has already input three secret figures into the system - a low figure, a middle one, and the highest it would be willing to pay.’
- ‘If your state permits it (some, like Massachusetts, do not), ask your insurance carrier to cover such damages.’
- ‘It may be necessary for the referral laboratory to have this information in order to collect reimbursement from an insurance carrier.’
- ‘Travelers should contact their insurance carrier to arrange for extended coverage if available and as appropriate.’
- ‘The first step that CPAs should take is to call their malpractice insurance carrier and tap into their experience and legal resources.’
- ‘Before you drop your current coverage, call your insurance carrier for details because you don't want to have any lapses in your coverage.’
- ‘Ministries are exempt from the requirements imposed on other employers to refrain from discriminating in favor of more highly paid individuals for health insurance programs handled through an insurance carrier.’
- ‘Check with your insurance carrier for specific requirements.’
- ‘His insurance carrier told him that if wanted to take advantage of the full limits of their coverage, he'd have to begin taking annual simulator training to continue flying.’
- ‘Working Today has built partnerships with an insurance carrier and a hospital group, and has received support from the Ford Foundation and a grant from the New York Community Trust.’
- ‘He relates the story of an unnamed insurance carrier known for dealing with personal products for affluent customers that was looking to move online with a property and casualty business geared to small business owners.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.