One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I look forward to watching cable with my mom, wearing an overcoat, and seeing each of my Chicago friends for insultingly brief periods of time.’
- ‘You must also answer this insultingly easy question.’
- ‘In 1996, Yeoman's major customer made what she considered an insultingly low offer for her business.’
- ‘How well does Mr McIntyre know the so-called Third World which he so insultingly disparages?’
- ‘If this seems insultingly stereotypical, well, it's nothing compared to what I saw on TV.’
- ‘You don't worry too much about those who tried to stand up for the poor whom you once insultingly dismissed as ‘the poverty industry’.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.