One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for friction tape
adhesive tape, sticky tape, masking tape, parcel tapeView synonyms
- ‘Full-grown animals were fitted with radio-collars manufactured at the University of Bristol, which were covered in colored electrical insulating tape to aid individual identification in the field.’
- ‘Tape however many tubes you want together with electrical insulating tape and hang your plugs inside the tubes.’
- ‘Our tangle of wires and insulating tape enabled us to connect our mics and minidisc recorders to the satellite equipment and broadcast.’
- ‘Adhesive-backed, foam pipe insulating tape keeps temperature extremes inside the pipe and eliminates the formation of condensation.’
- ‘The cloth tape is much better than the normal electrical insulating tape.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.