Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for friction tape
adhesive tape, sticky tape, insulating tape, masking tape, parcel tapeView synonyms
- ‘Full-grown animals were fitted with radio-collars manufactured at the University of Bristol, which were covered in colored electrical insulating tape to aid individual identification in the field.’
- ‘Our tangle of wires and insulating tape enabled us to connect our mics and minidisc recorders to the satellite equipment and broadcast.’
- ‘Adhesive-backed, foam pipe insulating tape keeps temperature extremes inside the pipe and eliminates the formation of condensation.’
- ‘Tape however many tubes you want together with electrical insulating tape and hang your plugs inside the tubes.’
- ‘The cloth tape is much better than the normal electrical insulating tape.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.