One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for friction tape
adhesive tape, sticky tape, masking tape, parcel tapeView synonyms
- ‘Full-grown animals were fitted with radio-collars manufactured at the University of Bristol, which were covered in colored electrical insulating tape to aid individual identification in the field.’
- ‘Our tangle of wires and insulating tape enabled us to connect our mics and minidisc recorders to the satellite equipment and broadcast.’
- ‘Tape however many tubes you want together with electrical insulating tape and hang your plugs inside the tubes.’
- ‘The cloth tape is much better than the normal electrical insulating tape.’
- ‘Adhesive-backed, foam pipe insulating tape keeps temperature extremes inside the pipe and eliminates the formation of condensation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.