One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Putting it in the negative, I reject the idea that law should be used instrumentally by judges to achieve the judge's idea of what constitutes good policy.’
- ‘The federal government does not issue bonds in the same way that a municipal government does, but under this logic, they would be instrumentally similar.’
- ‘They don't see themselves as illicit drug users, principally because they're using the drugs instrumentally - as tools rather than for recreational or hedonistic purposes.’
- ‘This is an album of bittersweet love stories expressed instrumentally - introspective, dreamy and impressionistic, yet joyful and exuberant.’
- ‘Regan argues that using animals instrumentally is wrong because animals share important psychological states and dispositions with humans.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.