One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘This is an album of bittersweet love stories expressed instrumentally - introspective, dreamy and impressionistic, yet joyful and exuberant.’
- ‘Regan argues that using animals instrumentally is wrong because animals share important psychological states and dispositions with humans.’
- ‘They don't see themselves as illicit drug users, principally because they're using the drugs instrumentally - as tools rather than for recreational or hedonistic purposes.’
- ‘Putting it in the negative, I reject the idea that law should be used instrumentally by judges to achieve the judge's idea of what constitutes good policy.’
- ‘The federal government does not issue bonds in the same way that a municipal government does, but under this logic, they would be instrumentally similar.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.