One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A surface in front of a driver's or pilot's seat, on which the vehicle's or aircraft's instruments are situated.
switch, knob, button, dial, handle, leverView synonyms
- ‘Through them I could see the instrument panel, throttles and seats, with cushions still in place.’
- ‘It's helped by the magnesium cross-car beam that acts as the mounting surface for the instrument panel and steering column.’
- ‘Furthermore, a storage undertray beneath the instrument panel runs across the front of the car.’
- ‘The engine roared and the instrument panel in front flickered into action.’
- ‘Additional modifications include a new steering wheel and better-looking surfaces for the instrument panel.’
instrument panel/ˈinztrəmənt ˌpanl/
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.