One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large organization, such as a bank, pension fund, labor union, or insurance company, that makes substantial investments on the stock exchange.
- ‘He's got banking experience which institutional investors have been looking for.’
- ‘They will initially be offered to institutional investors such as banks, pension funds, and insurance holdings.’
- ‘Their collapse would rock the shaky US stock market, and it might also hit pension funds and institutional investors.’
- ‘Banks and institutional investors are showing a healthy appetite for financing these deals.’
- ‘The local securities market was still very illiquid and risky for pension funds and other institutional investors.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.