One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Without conscious thought; by natural instinct.‘Elizabeth reacted instinctively in giving him a hug’‘some people know instinctively what suits them’
- ‘Once the curtain rises, she claims the stage, instinctively transforming herself into the role she is playing.’
- ‘Thank you for giving a name to my method, practiced very deliberately but also very instinctively.’
- ‘Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment.’
- ‘I saw comprehension dawn in his eyes and instinctively felt protective.’
- ‘Some people instinctively find such work delightful.’
- ‘In the end, I instinctively did what I felt was right.’
- ‘Once the lights go down, we seem to identify instinctively with the youngest, best-looking person on the screen.’
- ‘Instinctively, I focused more on action than on words.’
- ‘Help arrives in the surprising form of dark-haired Agnes, a smart loner instinctively disliked by everyone else.’
- ‘I never, ever let on how little I knew—somehow I realized instinctively that would be the wrong thing to do.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.