One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An arrangement for payment by installments.British term hire purchase
- ‘NU believes many people who can't afford to commit a lump sum are not being sold instalment plans because, until now, such plans have not earned the middle man any commission.’
- ‘This ‘cash and carry system’ included the refusal to purchase any need with a personal cheque, on credit, or using any type of instalment plan.’
- ‘Failure to do so can lead to the instalment plan being withdrawn and recovery action being taken through the courts.’
- ‘All I can do with these preset bills is to take advantage of any discounts or instalment plans that come from paying by Direct Debit.’
- ‘Apparently no mainstream publisher was interested in the ninth volume in his Legends of Ethshar series, so he is offering the book online on a sort of instalment plan.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.