One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Something or someone that serves as inspiration or motivation.‘we can provide outfit inspo’‘you can get some inspo from this Pinterest board’count noun ‘he was a huge inspo to me’
stimulus, stimulation, motivation, motivating force, fillip, encouragement, influence, muse, goad, spur, lift, boost, incentive, incitement, impulse, catalystView synonyms
- ‘You can totally take inspo from these incredible videos next time you want to cover a zit or make under-eye circles look less noticeable.’
- ‘If you know someone who is in a creative cul-de-sac and needs some inspo, then be a pal and pass this over to them.’
- ‘She took some inspo from Rihanna and dyed her tresses red.’
- ‘While Rosie looked beach ready in the white dress, her look was considerably more toned down than her style inspo.’
- ‘Many of our fave celebs keep it casual, giving us lots of cold weather dressing inspo.’
- ‘While getting a little inspo from the celebrities is definitely one place to start, we asked our Beauty Panel members to share their craziest take on the statement lip.’
- ‘Take your roll-neck 'inspo' from the following chic ladies on the street.’
- ‘With yet another batch of wardrobe inspo, we cannot be more ready to bid winter adieu.’
- ‘Here are some snaps to get the summer nail inspo going strong.’
- ‘They vibed off 'lad culture', so that's where the sporty inspo comes in.’
- ‘The celebrity fashion inspo site has a page dedicated to his on-point looks.’
- ‘She always looks every inch the yummy-mummy, giving us all airport fashion inspo wearing simple but stylish pieces.’
- ‘If you are looking for some style inspo take a leaf out of the book of these ladies who fused street style and designer labels.’
- ‘Did someone say wedding inspo?’
Early 21st century: short for inspiration, perhaps influenced by thinspo.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.