Relating to the act of breathing in.
- ‘Breathing against an inspiratory resistive load is known to produce increases in plasma cytokines.’
- ‘As the resistive work of breathing rises, the inspiratory muscles must generate more force to offset the increase.’
- ‘Although breath sounds on the left improved, inspiratory pressures and hemodynamics failed to improve.’
- ‘In order to minimize barotrauma short inspiratory times should be used along with minimal peak inspiratory and expiratory pressures.’
- ‘Tracheal stenosis after intubation usually presents as shortness of breath and either or both inspiratory stridor and expiratory wheeze on exertion.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.